We’re a tight-knit team of experts and we’re looking for talented software developers to help us with a mix of existing projects and new client wins. This can be on a part- or fully remote basis, we’re open to both.
Our goal for 2021 is to win more of the type of business that has made us who we are – consultancy-led complex transformation projects which help businesses find their place in the digital world. Some recent examples include:
- creating a new feature for a top consumer app which supports 1.4m users every day
- designing a high-availability online store and order processing platform which processes around 40,000 orders each week
- supporting a leading financial services organisation transform how they deliver change inside their business
To support that goal, we’re in the (very exciting!) process of re-branding and re-positioning our business. During the pandemic, we have invested aggressively in business development and marketing with new hires, new processes, new tools, and soon a new brand!
As a software engineer, you will love working here if:
- You enjoy finding smart ways to solve complex problems
- You love rapid, agile development, and your motto is build it – ship it – improve it
- You take real pride in delivering high-quality work which frustrates testers because they can’t find bugs
- You have an active interest in DevOps and you want to be part of a move towards a containerised/serverless world
On a day-to-day basis, the role includes
- Supporting consultants, project managers, and other team members during client workshops
- Estimating work from non-technical requirements
- Understanding requirements and supporting solution architecture, using your knowledge to help us make the right choices
- Taking ownership of work assigned to you and delivering it in line with the agreed estimates
- Demonstrating what you have built to other team members and clients
- Contributing useful technologies, building blocks, or other off-the-shelf components to help us increase the pace of development based on your experience and learning
- Actively participating in Scrum ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Working as a technical lead alongside a project manager on projects which are assigned to you
The perfect candidate
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Hands-on experience with at least 1 and preferably more modern large-scale CMS platforms (Kentico, Umbraco, Sitecore, Wagtail, Netlify, Contentful, you get the idea…)
- Considerable experience of implementing accessible, flexible and technically sound responsive CSS layouts from designs and style guides using one of the well-known CSS frameworks
- Solid experience with at least 1 and preferably more front-end JS frameworks (React, Angular, Vue.JS, etc)
- Experience of writing back-end code in C# or similar language
- Experience of working with at least 1 and preferably more databases like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, MySQL, and SQL Server
- Ability to communicate really well with technical and non-technical audiences including client stakeholders
Preferably, you will also have:
- Experience of working in an agency or similar environment
- Hands-on experience of DevOps orchestration with technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, or similar
Team fit is more important to us than exact technical skills, as we firmly believe in training the right people to have a long and successful career with us. For that to work, you will need to have a desire to learn new things and get joy from delivering quality code.
This means you:
- Have a strong preference for simple, clean code that does exactly what it should
- Are open-minded, always happy to learn about a new framework, technology, or approach
- Aren’t a lone wolf coder, but one who really enjoys being part of a team of like-minded experts and learning from them
- Understand that a task is only done after it’s passed testing and has been deployed for the client to use
- Appreciate the value of reusable components and off-the-shelf packages and frameworks to help get a project off the ground
- Want to make a difference to your own personal development, to our clients and to our business.
- Appreciate that a great software engineer sometimes has to switch languages/tools and see that as a welcome challenge
Working at Everest Media
We encourage our teams to have make the most of the flexibility we offer to achieve a good work-life balance. This includes flexitime, remote working opportunities and part time roles.
We also take your health and wellbeing very seriously and do our best to provide you with all the support you may need, including a mental health advice service and paid sick leave.
We are only able to consider applicants with the right to work in the UK. If you’re a recruiter, please do not send unsolicited CVs to us – we will not accept any future ownership claims.
Salary is in the range of £25k-40k depending on experience.
Here are some of the other benefits of working here:
- A competitive salary that is regularly reviewed
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexitime and remote working opportunities
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, and fancy coffee machine
- Free on-site parking
- Café on-site
- Training and development opportunities